Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Home Sharing problems!

Hi.

I Bought a new Apple TV 4K, updatet my well used Apple TV 3. Gen.

I copy all of my dvd’s and blu ray’s to iTunes and watch them on my Apple TV 3. Gen trough Home Share, dun this for years and have had no problems play them from my Macbook pro. I store my itunes libary on my Synology nas.

When i upgraded to the new Apple TV 4K all kinds of problems occure!

First it can’t play blu rays any more. The video and audio stutter all the time, and after some secunds the video freezes!

The secund problem is that some movies have two audio tracks, one english and one norwegian. Some how i can not change this! In the drop down audio menu there is only one audio track!

My old Apple TV 3. Gen did not have any of these problems. Switch back to the old Apple TV every thing works fine!!!!

Is this a software issue on the Apple TV 4K?

I contacted apple support and they sugested that i returnd my Apple TV 4K for repair. After som weeks they returned a new Apple TV 4K but the same problems accured on the new Apple TV 4K.

I run the newest OS and updates on my Apple TV, Macbook and NAS, my home network is wired 1gbt!

Pleas help, this is so frustrated!

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 6:44 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Apple TV 4K Home Sharing problems!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.