Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing keychain items in iOS that are present on macOS

I have generated a keychain item on my Mac via Safari for a website, and now I want to use that password on my phone, but it is missing there.

I already tried to resetting iCloud keychain on both iOS and macOS, but it is still being synced wrong. I can see the correct item on my Mac and can also see that it is stored in iCloud, but I can't access it on my phone.

Any tips?

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 4:41 AM

Tried that already and tried several options again. I have now disabled all keychain options on each of my devices and deleted all local files on my iOS devices, done the same with my macOS device, but kept them stored locally. Than enabled the keychain option in iCloud on my macOS device and waited a few hours and enabled keychain again on a iOS device, but my new items are note being synced.

On my macOS device I can see that all keychain items are stored in iCloud at least it states so in the column, but on my iOS device old keychain items pop up that I have deleted from my macOS device. So it seems that their is a version of my keychain library stored in iCloud which is not deleted if I disable iCloud keychain on all my devices.

Is there a way to see the keychain library on iCloud and delete it manually, there is nothing on that in the docs?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2018 4:41 AM in response to zinacef

Tried that already and tried several options again. I have now disabled all keychain options on each of my devices and deleted all local files on my iOS devices, done the same with my macOS device, but kept them stored locally. Than enabled the keychain option in iCloud on my macOS device and waited a few hours and enabled keychain again on a iOS device, but my new items are note being synced.

On my macOS device I can see that all keychain items are stored in iCloud at least it states so in the column, but on my iOS device old keychain items pop up that I have deleted from my macOS device. So it seems that their is a version of my keychain library stored in iCloud which is not deleted if I disable iCloud keychain on all my devices.

Is there a way to see the keychain library on iCloud and delete it manually, there is nothing on that in the docs?

Missing keychain items in iOS that are present on macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.