Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Family Organizer

My family has been using one iTunes account for a very long time. It is setup under my husband's Apple id. Since I am the "technical" one in the family, I would like to be the family organizer for the family sharing that I am going to setup. Is it possible to setup family sharing, using our current iTunes account (my husband's Apple id), and then change it to myself? Or should I set it up using my own iTunes account and share his content?

What I did up until now:

1. cancel family sharing on my husband´s ID

2. try to set it up on my account, but I am still shown as part of a Family in my iTunes account.

3. I am stuck, as in my preferences, I keep trying to add family members, but icloud keeps asking me for my password.

What´s going on?

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:03 AM

I have seen other topics with this issue of trying to dissolve family sharing with one organizer and make a new one with a different organizer and sharing say they are still part of a family.

iTunes [Store] Support - Use this form for assistance with account and billing, code redemption, or purchase questions - https://ssl.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 8:03 AM in response to kDeas

I have seen other topics with this issue of trying to dissolve family sharing with one organizer and make a new one with a different organizer and sharing say they are still part of a family.

iTunes [Store] Support - Use this form for assistance with account and billing, code redemption, or purchase questions - https://ssl.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

Mar 4, 2018 1:18 AM in response to Limnos

I did dissolve the family sharing to set it up newly, but as i said, apple went into a mad loop of asking me for my iCloud password as soon as i tried adding a family member.

I resolved the issue by NOT adding members via my MacBook Air, but via my iPhone.

Apple is starting to show weak links when it comes to managing accounts and changing preferences by being immensely user-unfriendly. I chose Apple years ago because of its smooth operation all around; and I do hope they manage to get back on that user-friendly wagon. Wasting time like that on simple administrative tasks is indeed very frustrating.

Using the form you sent is exactly what needs to be avoided - error messages need to pop up or be more precise so that customers can respond correspondingly, that all that is needed.

Change Family Organizer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.