Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Send & Recieve iMessages using my mobile number?

I am trying to use my phone number for iMessages and FaceTime however it's only allowing me to use my email address that's registered to my Apple ID. Can someone please assist? I've attempted many fixes I found on a Google search but to no avail... I am using an Apple iPhone 6S 16GB on iOS 11.2.2. If anybody out there knows what to do, please help... I've been struggling for the last two weeks now..

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.2, Gold

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:47 AM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2018 9:59 AM in response to JustMarkee

JustMarkee wrote:

I am trying to use my phone number for iMessages and FaceTime however it's only allowing me to use my email address that's registered to my Apple ID. Can someone please assist? I've attempted many fixes I found on a Google search but to no avail... I am using an Apple iPhone 6S 16GB on iOS 11.2.2. If anybody out there knows what to do, please help... I've been struggling for the last two weeks now..

stating "attempted many fixes you found on google" doesn't provide us much details on what you've actually tried, so here are links for you to look at, and hopefully you don't reply back stating you've already seen and tried it.

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Mar 4, 2018 3:07 AM in response to razmee209

Hi there,

Thanks for the response.

I see now how vague I was. This is what I've attempted:

• I turned iMessage off and back on.
  • I turned iMessage off, rebooted the device and turned it back on.
  • I turned iMessage off, signed out of my Apple ID, rebooted the device, turned it back on and signed back into my Apple ID.
  • Contacted my carrier, and all they are saying is that everything is perfectly fine on their end.
  • I checked my settings, all of which are fine. I've tested it and I am able to connect to the internet (2G, 3G and 4G) send and receive texts and make and receive calls.

I cant attempt any of the things under "Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime" as my number just doesn't show up their, only my Apple ID and my personal email address shows their.

I hope that's enough information.

TL;DR I've already seen and tried it.

Cheers

How to Send & Recieve iMessages using my mobile number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.