Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage full and nothing works

Hello, I am having a major problem. Sometimes when my iPhone 6s storage is close to full, it starts acting weird, you know, shutting down randomly, closing out of apps unexpectedly etc. Usually I fix this by deleting some apps and photos to free up space. This time, however, my phone has gone into a coma. In my settings it says that all 16 GB are full and the system itself is using 10 GB. I tried to free up some space on my iCloud by turning off iCloud backup on some of my apps, and then all of the apps on my phone went on to iCloud and I can no longer access them. I cannot use my calendar, reminders, contacts, mail, notes, weather, music, etc. My phone is completely useless. Every one of those apps has the little cloud next to them and when I click on them nothing happens. My alarm didn't even go off this morning. I deleted 5 different apps and the storage said it was fuller than it was before. I tried to delete some photos, but it would not let me. The photo would disappear for a second and the reappear. I tried connecting my phone to my MacBook to download some photos on to my computer and it would not connect. When I go into settings to try and delete large attachments to text messages, settings just quits unexpectedly. My phone will also not connect to Wi-Fi for more than 5 seconds and the battery seems to be draining very quickly even thought I am not using it. I have no idea what to do, and since my phone is a few years old I apparently no longer have complimentary apple support. Please send help, I really need to be able to use my phone and access my information! Thanks!!

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:31 PM

Hi there, amnelson12!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having carious issues with your iPhone and I am happy to help out! At this point, it would be a good idea to be sure there is not a software issue as the root cause of this for you:

1. Check out this article for the steps for How to backup your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  2. Use this article for the steps to Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.
  3. Once that is done, set the phone up as new and test the phone to see if the issue is still going on. Then, follow this article to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Let me know the results and have a great day!
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 2:31 PM in response to amnelson12

Hi there, amnelson12!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having carious issues with your iPhone and I am happy to help out! At this point, it would be a good idea to be sure there is not a software issue as the root cause of this for you:

1. Check out this article for the steps for How to backup your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  2. Use this article for the steps to Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.
  3. Once that is done, set the phone up as new and test the phone to see if the issue is still going on. Then, follow this article to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Let me know the results and have a great day!

Mar 4, 2018 5:49 PM in response to DynaGlide96

Thanks for your reply. I took my phone to the apple store today, and they had to clear it completely. I did not have enough iCloud space to back it up either, and it was too late to buy more because the settings in my phone kept quitting. Luckily the last time I was able to back it up was in June 2017, and some things were synced with my laptop so I saved some stuff, just not what was on my phone recently. If backing up your device doesn't work either I would suggest trying to save whatever you can- maybe try airdropping photos to a different device or syncing stuff with a computer if you can, then at least you can save some stuff if you have to completely clear your phone without backing it up.

Mar 4, 2018 4:39 PM in response to AppleJen77

I'm having the exact same issues with my iPhone 5. I just spent nearly three hours on the phone with Apple support trying to fix it. No luck. We tried those steps back up and restore back up etc a few times. No luck. Back up didn't complete because not enough storage available on my device. So there's nothing to restore from. I really hope you have better luck than I have had so far for fixing this problem. I'll also be sure to post if I ever find the solution.

Sorry my post isn't more helpful for solving your problem, but I thought it might help to know there are others having the same issues.

iPhone storage full and nothing works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.