Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluish spots on my MacBook Pro screen

Hello, I have a MacBook Pro 15" late 2016 model. Lately I noticed that there were these light blue spots on my screen, especially noticed on a bright background. What might cause this and how can I find a solution ? Thank you in advance!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 11.2.6, null

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:29 PM

Thank you for your reply!

Yes they are persistent. I have already made an appointment at the local Genius Bar, but their diagnosis is very predictable. I'm sure I will have to pay at least 500 € for the reparation. And what is disappointing is that I am not responsible for this damage, as I am so careful about my MacBook that I even bought a protection case to avoid any damage.

Apparently, this is a recurring problem with the LCD Retina screen. Very annoying to go through all this knowing that I paid 3000 € for the product.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 7:29 PM in response to Kappy

Thank you for your reply!

Yes they are persistent. I have already made an appointment at the local Genius Bar, but their diagnosis is very predictable. I'm sure I will have to pay at least 500 € for the reparation. And what is disappointing is that I am not responsible for this damage, as I am so careful about my MacBook that I even bought a protection case to avoid any damage.

Apparently, this is a recurring problem with the LCD Retina screen. Very annoying to go through all this knowing that I paid 3000 € for the product.

Mar 17, 2018 10:37 AM in response to rocketMacx

They kept my Mac for evaluation and diagnostics and finally they told me that there was a problem with the display. They said that it happened because I left my computer open for several hours on a same background so it left a mark, although I have a hard time remembering when that could have happened. Good news is is that I bought it in Europe so according to European law I had a two-year warranty so they did not charge for the reparation. I hope you find a solution to your problem as well ! Good luck

Bluish spots on my MacBook Pro screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.