Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My applications folder is empty and I can't run any software

I'm not the best with computers and just got a MacBook Pro. After fiddling around trying to install windows using bootcamp my entire applications folder emptied and there is nothing inside. I can only seem to access the contents through the search feature. To add to the problem whenever I try to open a variety of my applications I get an error message saying "The alias “” can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found." It gives me the options fix alias, delete alias, and ok, all of which lead to dead ends. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!!

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 9:27 AM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2018 10:48 AM in response to calvin38

If this is a brand new MBP that is only days old then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Let them fix it for you. You might even ask if someone can set up a Boot Camp Windows partition for you. Be sure you have or buy a full Windows installer.

If you don't have a new model then what model do you have? To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities' folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right. You may also find the complete model information by selecting About This Mac from the Apple menu.

You may need to search for System Profiler given your situation.

My applications folder is empty and I can't run any software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.