Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Supplemental update 10.13.3 macOS High Sierra on mid-2010 Macbook Pro

Hi,

I am trying to install the supplemental update for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 on my admittedly old Macbook Pro mid-2010 (with original hard disk, which according to Disk Utility is still chugging along nicely). So far, I get stuck in the update process from the App Store, and I have no idea why. I have tried several of the other suggestions done in various groups here (clean install after starting up from recovery partition, then install with stand-alone updater downloaded from Apple; starting up in safe mode to see if something is wrong with my computer, then clean install from the recovery partition, then install the stand-alone updater), and I am at a loss. Any suggestion from those in the know would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Bas

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 3:04 PM

You say you started up in Safe Mode but did you try to do an install while in Safe Mode? If not, I'd suggest that.

2 replies

Supplemental update 10.13.3 macOS High Sierra on mid-2010 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.