Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error while exporting files from iMovie (ver. 10.1.8)

When I try to export a video from iMovie the following error shows up:

*** -[AVAssetWriterInput initWithMediaType:outputSettings:sourceFormatHint:] The following keys are not allowed when format ID is 'lpcm': AVEncoderBitRateKey

Somebody, on other posts here, has already suggested to export the file with ProRes (the only resolution that works) and then use a third party tool to convert the .mov file to a .mp4 file. This actually works, but this is a not a real fix because you just can't export every single video in ProRes and then convert it. How about a real solution or an update for IMovie that solves this annoying problem that is affecting so many users? It's been months (since iMovie 10.1.8 update for High Sierra) that I've been living with this issue and I just can't stand it anymore. Anybody knows how to really fix this problem?

I Use a MacBookPro 2015 (High Sierra 10.13.3)

iMovie 10, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 10:43 AM

There are no replies.

Error while exporting files from iMovie (ver. 10.1.8)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.