Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error -3403f

Got a brand new mbp 2017 today had some issues with the encryption so went on to reinstall the OS. Now it's coming up with error -3403f. From what I found on here it's due to internet connection but my internet is fine. Tried the mesh wifi and the router itself with the same results. Initially osx started installing but then was at "16 mins remaining" for 2h so I decided to restart it. Now I can't do anything.

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 12:28 PM

20 replies

Mar 3, 2018 3:09 PM in response to cinek2

I see that Dell DA200 is using Realtek Driver for Ethernet, I’d say 99% this cause the problem. See my post here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8299328

I don’t believe you can get macOS installer easily on Windows machine.

I would try to stick to Wi-Fi then if you are not able to get the Apple only solution for your Ethernet connection.

Disconnect from Ethernet and Try ⌘+⌥+R right after power up. Select your WiFi and provide password. You should be able to boot at least to Internet Recovery and reinstall macOS from there.

Mar 3, 2018 1:17 PM in response to cinek2

in Internet Recovery, these low negative thousands error messages indicate that your provided Wi-Fi Network is inadequate in some fashion, and cannot be used in its current state.

Common problems include:

Hidden Network-name

required use of a proxy server to get Internet access

required use of a login page to get Internet access

Use of a login server or certificate to get Internet access

Use of PPPoE in the Mac to get Internet access (typically only applies to DSL)

Use of Fixed IP address rather than good old DHCP

Variance of the time by more than five minutes

Failure of Router to provide workable DNS server addresses, or providing 0.0.0.0 [may produce -2002f]

If you have an Ethernet port, you may in some cases be able to move your Mac close to the Router and connect to the Router using Ethernet.

The higher the number, the more obscure the problem.

error -3403f

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.