Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I share an entire folder of files in iCloud with one or more persons?

How can I share an entire folder of files in iCloud with one or more persons? I have been doing this in DropBox and foolishly assumed I would be able to do the same with iCloud. So far I can only do it file by file, which is a real PITA. Am I missing something here?

MacBook Air, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 1:27 PM

4 replies

Mar 4, 2018 2:06 AM in response to LACAllen

Do you know anything more than this? Like: Is folder sharing planned in the future? If I use Dropbox as well as iCloud, does that make sense? How would they work together? Also, it seems like an expensive solution, since I would need a storage plan for both products. And with Dropbox there is no family sharing of storage space, so each user needs their own plan as far as I understand. I know I should have looked into this more deeply than I did, but any guidance you can give from your knowledge and experience would be appreciated.

Mar 4, 2018 7:37 AM in response to jobroco

folder sharing planned in the future? .

Afraid not. I am not Apple and do not know what they have planned.

How would they work together?

They would not work together. If you use Dropbox to share folders, you may not need iCloud Drive.

Most of iCloud's features are designed for one person to share their own content across multiple devices they may use. It is not meant as a collaborative tool for one user to share their own content with other users.

They are uniquely different cloud products.

How can I share an entire folder of files in iCloud with one or more persons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.