Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m in NZ trying to set up my Apple extreme to connect to Spark Fibre Network

Hi I’m in New Zealand. I cannot get my Apple Extreme to connect to Spark Fibre Network. Can anyone help me please? It says IP address is wrong. What are the correct settings?

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 4:07 PM

We'll need a bit more information in order to help.

What is the make & model of the Internet gateway device that you will have your AirPort Extreme base station connected to directly by Ethernet for Internet access? Which exact model is your Extreme? Will you just be using your iPad to administer the base station? If so, is it running iOS 11?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 4:07 PM in response to Gypsywillow

We'll need a bit more information in order to help.

What is the make & model of the Internet gateway device that you will have your AirPort Extreme base station connected to directly by Ethernet for Internet access? Which exact model is your Extreme? Will you just be using your iPad to administer the base station? If so, is it running iOS 11?

Mar 3, 2018 4:32 PM in response to Gypsywillow

Spark seems to require a vlan on WAN.. The Apple routers were not designed for this.. so you will need to use a standard spark router in bridge mode.. see

https://www.spark.co.nz/help/internet-data/equipment/huawei/hg659-gateway/setup- bridge-mode-huawei-hg659-hg659b/

Apple unfortunately still has little idea of anything outside US cable systems.

I’m in NZ trying to set up my Apple extreme to connect to Spark Fibre Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.