Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: why is my IPhone 7 searching for a network?

Since the most recent update my phone has randomly required a restore for no reason (in which I lost a year of photos and contacts) and now will not find a network even though I know I have service here. I have restarted my phone multiple times reset my network settings and toggled airplane mode (along with a few other ideas the internet had). What do I do.

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Regarding finding a network:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

But also:

Marshl13s wrote:

Since the most recent update my phone has randomly required a restore for no reason (in which I lost a year of photos and contacts)

Your remark in parentheses does suggest a reason:

Is your iPhone storage full? Check Settings > General > iPhone Storage and be certain you never have less (hopefully much more) than 10% of the iPhone's total storage free.

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended

Mar 3, 2018 2:14 PM in response to Marshl13s In response to Marshl13s

Regarding finding a network:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

But also:

Marshl13s wrote:

Since the most recent update my phone has randomly required a restore for no reason (in which I lost a year of photos and contacts)

Your remark in parentheses does suggest a reason:

Is your iPhone storage full? Check Settings > General > iPhone Storage and be certain you never have less (hopefully much more) than 10% of the iPhone's total storage free.

Mar 3, 2018 2:14 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Marshl13s

Question: why is my IPhone 7 searching for a network?