Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't let me log in or authorize computer

I seemed to have suddenly lost some functionality when I connect my iPhone to my desktop. Photos won't load the pictures on my iPhone, and on iTunes and I get odd errors when I try to sync my music (like that there's not enough space when there clearly is).

If I go to authorize my computer, here's the series of events:

1) Account --> Authorizations --> Authorize this computer

2) I enter my username and password and click "authorize"

3) My iPhone will alert me that my Apple ID is being used. I hit allow and receive the 6 digit verification code.

4) iTunes prompts me for my login and password again, with a new message saying the verification code screen will follow.

5) I enter my username and password and click "authorize"

6) My iPhone alerts me again and gives me another code

7) Meanwhile on iTunes, I get the message: "Did you forget your password?" followed by a note saying it was entered incorrectly more than once (it wasn't).

Most everything else I try doesn't get a response at all. For example if I "check for downloads" or try to update my iTunes, I'll get the same alert on my phone but nothing happens on my desktop.

Any ideas for fixes?

I'm running OS X Yosemite (version 10.10.5) on a Mid 2010 Mac Pro. iTunes is 12.7.2.58

My iPhone is an SE with up-to-date software.

I've tried restarting both the desktop and the iPhone. I even tried different wires and USB ports but no luck. I've never had this issue and I appreciate any suggestions.

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 1:52 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

iTunes won't let me log in or authorize computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.