Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prohibitory Sign after installing High Sierra to a brand new SSD

Hi, I'm having a problem doing a clean install of macOS High Sierra on a MacBook Pro 13 early 2011, I installed a brand new SSD and tried to install High Sierra but I'm having issues I've tried doing Internet recovery and USB bootable but both won't work, the SSD works perfectly cause I tried on a laptop and installed Windows on it to discard SSD failure, however I'm encountering two different results while installing High Sierra by Internet Recovery before finishing it shows a message box with "Cannot Open File" and when installing by USB it finishes installing but when restarting it shows a prohibitory sign.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), null

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 3:28 PM

Similar questions

15 replies

Mar 3, 2018 4:05 PM in response to Joaquin Romero

KiltedTim makes a valid point. We know that High Sierra hates Samsung T5 SSDs, and probably others.

Your early-2011 machine did not originally have a Recovery partition because it was still shipping with Snow Leopard Recovery DVD. Unless you have previously installed Lion or later, there won't be any capability to boot into Recovery without a successful SSD installation of High Sierra.

Prohibitory Sign after installing High Sierra to a brand new SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.