Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I bring back my music onto my iPad after I synced it with my iMac?

I synced my iPad to my Mac thinking that all my songs from my iPad would go onto my computer, but instead all my music on my computer replaced the music on my iPad. How do I undo this? I had previously backed up my iPad earlier in the day and tried restoring it, but the music isn't coming back

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 4:12 PM

That is how syncing is supposed to work. The device syncs to the computer's iTunes library.

There is this which has to be done before:

iTunes for Mac: Transfer iTunes Store purchases from iPod, iPhone, or iPad - https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19615

2 replies

Mar 3, 2018 6:03 PM in response to nora215

iOS device backups do not include media. This should have been transferred from your previous computer, or as a last resort it would have been possible to Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device, however it is too late for that now. Go to your previous computer of backup of the same, or rerip your media and redownload any purchases.

tt2

How do I bring back my music onto my iPad after I synced it with my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.