Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just bought ipad 2, or 9.7 inch, not the Pro, raise to wake?

I have raise to wake on my iphone x and like it, is it on this ipad I just bought at Costco?

The other question, to go from one app to another do you have to hit home button first? Is there a way to get to the home screen of apps without hitting home button?

We wear ipad home buttons out, just bought new 9.7 inch ipad for that reason. I assume the 9.7 is an ipad 2, is that the name of this?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6, null

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 5:07 PM

As far as I know, raise to wake only works on iPads.

If your devices have iOS11 you can bring up the dock by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and switching to another app. I believe if you have gestures enabled you can also do the ‘five fingered swipe’ to close an app. To do that you put all your fingers on the screen and squeeze the screen shut...bring your fingertips together and pull your hand back.

And I doubt you bought an ipad 2. That model is about 7-8 years old.

YOu can look up your model number in settings, about and see the name for it

Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

If you didn’t buy a pro model what you likely have is a 2017 iPad or the 5th gen ipad

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 5:07 PM in response to randyaaaa

As far as I know, raise to wake only works on iPads.

If your devices have iOS11 you can bring up the dock by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and switching to another app. I believe if you have gestures enabled you can also do the ‘five fingered swipe’ to close an app. To do that you put all your fingers on the screen and squeeze the screen shut...bring your fingertips together and pull your hand back.

And I doubt you bought an ipad 2. That model is about 7-8 years old.

YOu can look up your model number in settings, about and see the name for it

Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

If you didn’t buy a pro model what you likely have is a 2017 iPad or the 5th gen ipad

Just bought ipad 2, or 9.7 inch, not the Pro, raise to wake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.