Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update IOS 11.2.6 back camera and flash not working

After the IOS 11.2.6 update, my back camera and flash aren’t working anymore. Anyone else have the same issue, or know how to fix it? I’ve restarted my phone and all, but I don’t want to have to reset it.

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 9:59 PM

12 replies

May 3, 2018 1:15 AM in response to pjay55

I have the same problem after my iPhone did the last update , it’s also effect my torch 🔦 can’t take photos and it say let phone cool down before use when phones not hot can’t facetime

But camera works on Facebook and video call on messenger so I don’t think it’s the camera 📷

Iv seen a lot of people have this issue iv done all the trouble shooting still not working

May 10, 2018 12:08 PM in response to kristine159

Go to support and make an appointment with Genius bar. I had my camera replaced. It cost 79.99, half of which they agreed to pay. My phone is in pristine condition so they knew it wasn't damaged by dropping it or something. They did say they thought the camera was already failing and the update pushed it over the edge. If iit was failing, it was defective to begin with.

Update IOS 11.2.6 back camera and flash not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.