Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not in iTunes on my Mac

I finally decided to give Apple Music a try so started the free trial. Apple Music on my iPhone works fine, I created some playlists, added some music, all is good. However, in iTunes on my Mac nothing is there except the albums I've purchased over the years. I made sure to enable the Apple Music Library in iTunes preferences, closed iTunes, opened it again...still nothing. How do I get Apple Music to sync to my Mac?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 5:59 AM

Yes. As I said in my original post..."I made sure to enable the Apple Music Library in iTunes preferences". I had already read the referenced support article and every setting on my iPhone and Mac/iTunes was exactly as shown in the article.

Though it shouldn't have made any difference, I removed Apple Music from my iPhone, restarted it, and added Apple Music back. Then I restarted my Mac, which I rarely do, and then everything worked.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 5:59 AM in response to LACAllen

Yes. As I said in my original post..."I made sure to enable the Apple Music Library in iTunes preferences". I had already read the referenced support article and every setting on my iPhone and Mac/iTunes was exactly as shown in the article.

Though it shouldn't have made any difference, I removed Apple Music from my iPhone, restarted it, and added Apple Music back. Then I restarted my Mac, which I rarely do, and then everything worked.

Apple Music not in iTunes on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.