Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I click on upload in iMovie for iMac (to upload videos from my iPhone X), iMovie recognizes my phone as a device, but can't find the videos that are on it. Any ideas as to why?

When I click on upload in iMovie for iMac (to upload videos from my iPhone X), iMovie recognizes my phone as a device, but can't find the videos that are on it. Any ideas as to why?

iMovie '11, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 6:26 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2018 6:54 PM in response to GeorgeBurdell

I'm using iMovie 10.1.8 (the latest version as of this writing), and I can go to File > Import Media to see videos shot on my iPhone (iOS 10). If you're really on iMovie '11, it's been around since at least 2010. Likely your iPhone is too new to work nicely with it anymore. What OS is running on your Mac? If it's new enough, you might be able to check the App Store for an update to iMovie—but be prepared for some changes to your workflow if you're familiar with iMovie already.

From the iMovie '11 compatibility notes:

iMovie ’11 works with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPod nano (5th generation), and iPod touch (4th generation).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.