Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I save more than the latest backup from my iPhone to my MacBook Pro?

I want to have more than my latest iPhone backup stored on my MacBook Pro. It seems now that every time I back up my iPhone, the previous backup gets overwritten. So, it saves only the latest backup. Is there a way to have more than one iPhone backup saved to my Mac?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.3.5, null

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 12:26 AM

The iTunes backup is incremental; it only updates content that has changed (except after an iOS update). So it appears that there is only one backup, the latest.

However, as you have a Mac, go to iTunes Preferences, Devices panel. Right click on the latest backup and choose Archive. This will save that backup indefinitely, and the next time you back up it will create a completely new backup.

Don't try this with Windows, however.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2018 12:26 AM in response to kathy4scuba

The iTunes backup is incremental; it only updates content that has changed (except after an iOS update). So it appears that there is only one backup, the latest.

However, as you have a Mac, go to iTunes Preferences, Devices panel. Right click on the latest backup and choose Archive. This will save that backup indefinitely, and the next time you back up it will create a completely new backup.

Don't try this with Windows, however.

Can I save more than the latest backup from my iPhone to my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.