Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted photos showing when closing apps

My screen rotation froze but I could still close my apps, when I closed my apps, thinking it would fix the problem, the photo app was open showing a picture that I deleted some time ago

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:03 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 10:32 AM in response to Matt9913

Hello Matt,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've had some trouble with the screen rotation and deleted photos on your iPhone, and I have some information that may help.

The deleted photo in question is likely just a cached preview image used when you use multitasking on your iPhone. This preview will eventually be replaced by another preview. Restarting may help cycle it out. This may also help resolve the frozen screen rotation.

Have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps, including restarting your phone.

If the screen doesn't rotate on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the behavior persists or you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

deleted photos showing when closing apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.