Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to transfer photos from iphone to mac computer but there in no photo tab on side bar or under view

I am wanting to transfer photos from iPhone to computer on Itunes

there is no photo tab on side bar or under view or at the bottom of screen no ice for iphoto so what do I do

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 9:56 PM

2 replies

Mar 7, 2018 7:37 AM in response to stephaniebentley1

There is a Photos section in iTunes, but it’s function is to sync albums from your computer to your device, and it only works if iCloud Photo Library is not enabled on your device.

To see the Photos tab:

• Connect your device to your computer
  • Click the device icon in iTunes:

User uploaded file

Now the Photos tab appears:

User uploaded file

As mentioned here already, Apple’s Photos app is the official way to get your pictures from your phone to your computer. But for pictures taken on the phone itself (the ‘Camera Roll’), you can also use Image Capture on Mac or Windows Explorer on Windows (it will mount your iPhone as a digital camera).

Mar 6, 2018 6:23 PM in response to stephaniebentley1

Hello stephaniebentley1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you're trying to import photos from your iPhone to your Mac, but you're not seeing the expected options. I'm happy to help. In order to import photos to your Mac, you will need to use the Photos app instead of iTunes. Please follow the steps in the link below:

Import photos from a camera or phone using Photos on a Mac

Have a wonderful day!

I am trying to transfer photos from iphone to mac computer but there in no photo tab on side bar or under view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.