Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos from i cloud stopped downloading on my Mac from my I phone

My Mac is not downloading from my phone (pics, notes etc). My pics use to update and transfer from phone but just stopped

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 10:01 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2018 10:56 AM in response to deedra204

Hi deedra204,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that your Mac is no longer downloading the photos in iCloud Photo Library that were taken with your iPhone. I also see that other iCloud information such as Notes isn't syncing to your Mac either. I know how important it is to have this information up-to-date on your devices; I'm happy to help. First, check System Preferences > iCloud to be sure your Apple ID is still showing signed in. If so, use the guidance below:

For your iCloud Photo Library I'd suggest using these steps to repair your Library first:
  1. If Photos is open, choose Photos > Quit Photos.

2. Press Option-Command and double-click the Photos icon in the Applications folder (or click the Photos icon in the Dock).

The Repair Library window opens.

3. Click Repair to rebuild your photo library.

Repair your library when it has problems

For your Notes I would suggest opening System Preferences > iCloud, from here deselect the Notes checkbox, wait a few moments then re-enable iCloud Notes.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then select the Notes checkbox to turn it on.

iCloud notes

Should you continue to have trouble, could you let me know what other data you're not seeing synced from iCloud?

What macOS and iOS versions are you using?

Best Regards.

My photos from i cloud stopped downloading on my Mac from my I phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.