Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes/Apple Music plays sequence backwards

Whenever I click play on an album/playlist its always starts at the last song and then goes backwards in sequence. Even weirder, I click on the Next button and it goes to the previous. And vice versa. Any suggestions? I've been having this issue for a while now.

-MacOS 10.13.3

-Itunes 12.7.3.46

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2018 3:47 PM

Then it might be time to Contact Apple Support.

I did try again on my Mac but again I couldn't make it behave the way you say it does for you. I suppose it would be informative to know if you see the same results in a new library, or in a new user profile. See Open a different iTunes Library file or create a new one - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2018 3:47 PM in response to jjr007

Then it might be time to Contact Apple Support.

I did try again on my Mac but again I couldn't make it behave the way you say it does for you. I suppose it would be informative to know if you see the same results in a new library, or in a new user profile. See Open a different iTunes Library file or create a new one - Apple Support.

tt2

Mar 17, 2018 2:14 AM in response to jjr007

In the Songs view of your library or playlist enable the Album column if hidden, then click the word Album in the column heading until it reads Album by Artist. Make sure the small triangle in the header is pointed upwards. You can now go back to the previous view and tracks should play in the correct order.

This bug, where a reversed sort order in one view causes reversed sequence playback in another view that has the tracks in the right order, is at least four years old. Oops, eight years old, four years ago is when I last updated my bug report. 😐

tt2

Mar 20, 2018 1:59 PM in response to jjr007

Well try as I might I cannot replicate this on the Windows box in front of me, and I've enabled a descending sort just about everywhere that I can think of, and tried to see if any of the modifier keys change the order. 😕

I'll try again on my Mac later but I don't hold out much hope. Apple tend not to want to investigate problems they cannot recreate easily.

tt2

Itunes/Apple Music plays sequence backwards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.