Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with apple support

Hello - I am trying to set up a battery replacement for my iPhone and am having a shocking poor response from Apple support and wonder if this is just me? I set up my appointment at an Apple Store Genius Bar for a battery replacement. Then I received an email saying that I needed to contact Apple Support to ensure that a battery is available at the store on the day of my appointment. I have no idea why this is a necessary step since the appointment is for a "battery replacement" but I followed the directions. I attempted to call Apple Support twice, on the number provided in the email, was on hold for 10 minutes+ each time waiting for someone to answer, and then the support expert both times had no idea what was going on. And both times my call was disconnected, and not by me. Finally, I have attempted to go to Apple Support chat to solve the problem (not wanting to sit on hold for 10 minutes again just to be disconnected) and it seems that their chat support is down or not responding for some reason.

Is anyone else having problems like this? It is shocking customer service from a company that is supposed to be world class.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 1:38 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 4, 2018 2:06 AM in response to warrenbrackin

warrenbrackin wrote:

Then I received an email saying that I needed to contact Apple Support to ensure that a battery is available at the store on the day of my appointment. I have no idea why this is a necessary step since the appointment is for a "battery replacement" but I followed the directions.

FWIW, based on various reports that have been published, replacement batteries are in high demand and there certainly have been shortages. I imagine the email was so you didn't show up for your appointment only to find they had no battery to replace yours yet.

In Q4 2017 alone Apple sold 46.7 million iPhones so lots of batteries needed no doubt.

Problems with apple support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.