Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What should I do w/ my iCloud locked iPad?

I have an old iPad that has an activation lock and I can't reset the password because the email no longer EXISTS. I used to have a lovely hacker/cyberstalker so I was changing passwords and being locked out of accounts so often that I would often forget passwords as well, whether it was my ex or myself. The iPad is all on me though and it's very bizarre because even when I CREATED the same email again, realizing it was actually available, I was excited, thinking it would work - it will not work. I am such an idiot when it comes to this, I have SEVERAL devices that have an OS lock problem. An iPad and 3 Androids...you'd think they're stolen - they're not, I'm just an idiot. Anyway, my question is: how do I get rid of the devices cluttering up my life? Will they actually sell "for parts," and if so is there a danger of my info being exposed if they can outsmart me and get in my phone? Or should I just recycle it by using each company's respective recycling policy, and should I not worry that they can get back in to my phone? I may sound paranoid, but I feel a little insecure turning in a phone that doesn't have my info wiped, and I'm not convinced that the companies couldn't get back in them. Especially the Androids that are in perfect condition. Thanks,

J

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iCloud activation locked

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 11:33 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2018 11:51 PM in response to Jsd924

iOS devices, when erased using iCloud, are free from any of your data. If you were using Find My iPad, they would still be activation locked if anyone tries to activate them, but your data is gone.

Your Apple ID would be shown during the activation attempt, but it will have been placed there by Apple's activation server in real time and is not stored on the device.

iCloud: Erase your device

Especially the Androids that are in perfect condition. Thanks,

You may have to ask elsewhere about Androids.

What should I do w/ my iCloud locked iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.