Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handoff

I’ve turned Handoff on for my devices but my iPad Pro keeps bringping safari on to the dock for handoff when I haven’t got safari open on any of my devices nor do I have any webpages on safari as I’ve tried to stop it by closing all of my webpages to see if it would work but it hasn’t.. I want to keep Handoff on but I don’t want it to keep asking me to switch between devices for safari when I’m not even using it..... Any ideas Anyone ??????

another point when I do click it on my iPad it’s just opens an empty pages no website no nothing just says ‘opening webpages from Handoff‘

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 1:00 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 7, 2018 3:32 PM in response to Pheobe_123

Hey there, Phoebe!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. After reading your post, I understand that you're seeing Safari popping up on your Dock for Handoff, even though you don't have Safari open on any other devices. Further, when you tap on it, it says "Opening webpages from Handoff". I'd be happy to help!

Based on what you've described, it sounds like you may actually be seeing Recent Apps, and not anything from Handoff directly. On an iPad Pro, the right side of the Dock displays your recent apps--so if this is where you're seeing Safari, that's likely the cause. You can turn this off under Settings > General > Multitasking & Dock > Show Suggested and Recent Apps. You can get more information on this feature here: Use Multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support .

Cheers!

Handoff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.