Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Sierra drop the wireless connection EVERY time that I "wake up" my Mac mini from the Sleep mode? That means that I have to reconnect to my router each and EVERY time. Apparently, this has been a problem for a number of years. Why?

Why does Sierra drop the wireless connection EVERY time that I "wake up" my Mac mini from the Sleep mode? That means that I have to reconnect to my router each and EVERY time. Apparently, this has been a problem for a number of years. Why does this irritation continue to exist?

MAc Mini (2017)

Sierra 10.12.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 11:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 8:18 AM

What does Wireless Diagnostics show?

Wireless Diagnostics

Wi-FI connection drops

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite (2)

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite (3)

WiFi Potential Temporary fix - Yosemite

Also try turning off Bluetooth.

If your Wi-Fi source is capable of generating a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network, try that to help avoid conflicts with Bluetooth.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 8:18 AM in response to tomfrombowser

What does Wireless Diagnostics show?

Wireless Diagnostics

Wi-FI connection drops

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite (2)

Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite (3)

WiFi Potential Temporary fix - Yosemite

Also try turning off Bluetooth.

If your Wi-Fi source is capable of generating a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network, try that to help avoid conflicts with Bluetooth.

Why does Sierra drop the wireless connection EVERY time that I "wake up" my Mac mini from the Sleep mode? That means that I have to reconnect to my router each and EVERY time. Apparently, this has been a problem for a number of years. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.