Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So I have already changed my number on my Apple ID and on my Gmail, but when I log in with my Apple ID on Facetime and iMessage it still has my old phone number.I restarted my phone but still the same.I look forward to your answers and I would really

Iphone 5

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 11:38 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 12:10 PM in response to wanjr

Hi wanjr,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you want to change the phone number for FaceTime and Messages. It looks like you have already changed the number for your Apple ID, but there is another setting to change. I would recommend you read this article, it explains how to change the number specific to those two apps.

Remove your phone number

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Sign out of your Apple ID account. Then go to Settings > FaceTime and sign out of your Apple ID account.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore.

If you have questions, contact Apple Support.

Set up your phone number

These steps work only with the phone number that belongs to your iPhone, not the phone number of a landline or other device. On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
    User uploaded file
  3. In the “You can be reached” section, make sure that there are checkmarks beside your phone number and Apple ID.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and follow the same steps.

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime

Cheers.

So I have already changed my number on my Apple ID and on my Gmail, but when I log in with my Apple ID on Facetime and iMessage it still has my old phone number.I restarted my phone but still the same.I look forward to your answers and I would really

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.