Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X random apps freezes

Hello Apple Community,

I have the iPhone from like 3 weeks but since then I have issues with most of the apps like Youtube, Snapchat, Siri and sometimes system apps but for now only twice. The others are very often. Well while using it sometimes the app just freezes then my phone freezes to or just the phone freezes! Its easy to fix, I just press the sleep/wake button and the colume down key for several times and the phone unfreezes. Sometimes when in settings for ringtones it just laggs. And the audio is very distorted but thats not that big of an issue. Could this be due to bad optimization of the apps or my phone is the problem? I am on the latest iOS version and I still experience it. It happens more often and often.

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2018 11:44 AM

Hello Mawty16,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone X. Since you mentioned this issue is occurring with multiple apps, I recommend trying all the steps in this article first: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won't open

If you have gone through the entire article and still have issues, I recommend reinstalling the iOS using iTunes. Please make a backup of your data prior to doing this step: You can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes using this article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once your data is backed up, you can reinstall the iOS using this help article: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please pay close attention when you reach step 4 which says:

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

Once your iOS is reinstalled, test if the issue is still occurring. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2018 11:44 AM in response to Mawty16

Hello Mawty16,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone X. Since you mentioned this issue is occurring with multiple apps, I recommend trying all the steps in this article first: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won't open

If you have gone through the entire article and still have issues, I recommend reinstalling the iOS using iTunes. Please make a backup of your data prior to doing this step: You can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes using this article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once your data is backed up, you can reinstall the iOS using this help article: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please pay close attention when you reach step 4 which says:

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

Once your iOS is reinstalled, test if the issue is still occurring. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

Apr 11, 2018 10:54 AM in response to Mawty16

I’m having the exact same issue. Random apps just freeze for a couple of seconds. It started a couple of weeks ago. I bought my iphone X on december 2017....I’m wondering if it’s a hardware problem or just software.

I will try to backup and reinstall...but it takes time and it’s really annoying since I have a lot of data in my phone.

iPhone X random apps freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.