Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

whatsapp update

Update for whatsapp keeps asking for the password of the previous account and it doesn't allow the update with any password at all (current and previous account password). Can someone help with this?

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:52 PM

If the app was downloaded by his account only his account will be able to download updates to it, you would have to delete the app and download it on your account to be able to download future updates via your account.

Edit :

And I can't change to my email linked to my apple account.

You won't be able to, the id is linked to the app, you will have to delete the app and download it on your account

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 2:52 PM in response to Hnunes

If the app was downloaded by his account only his account will be able to download updates to it, you would have to delete the app and download it on your account to be able to download future updates via your account.

Edit :

And I can't change to my email linked to my apple account.

You won't be able to, the id is linked to the app, you will have to delete the app and download it on your account

Mar 4, 2018 9:21 AM in response to King_Penguin

This was my son's phone and at the beginning I used is Apple ID. It could be that when I started using WhatsApp it was his account. But it created all sorts of problems and finally I created my own account and changed the settings. I've never had any problem except with whatsapp updating. When I go to AppStore and I choose update for WhatsApp a window opens with my son's email and requesting his password. And I can't change to my email linked to my apple account.

whatsapp update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.