Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am fed up with having to keep changing my batteries on my wireless keyboard and trackpad. I am thinking about purchasing a mobee inductive charger, but from what I gather I will need two of these

Firstly, they don't appear to sit exactly side by side each other - is this correct ?

Secondly, are they good value for money and do they last ?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 4:30 AM

10 replies

Apr 4, 2018 7:05 PM in response to rob.battersea

Rob, if you haven't bought the Mobee yet, let me give you some insights from a long-time owner. You only need 1 Mobee base. The mouse sits on top of it when you are not using it, and the Mobee charges the NiMh batteries wirelessly. You can still find Mobee bases out there but new battery packs are long gone. I was just getting ready to sell my Mobee charging base on eBay when I decided to look for replacement AAA batteries. The exact same batteries that were in my Mobee battery pack were for sale on a very popular online retailer. I ordered them, put them in, and I am back in business with wireless charging and no more frustration about dead batteries.

If I did not own the Magic Mouse 1, I would just opt for the newer version with wireless charging built in. Since I have a 1, I wholeheartedly recommend the Mobee. Way better than rechargeable batteries!

Apr 4, 2018 8:17 PM in response to rob.battersea

I use on of these with my older iMac.

http://matias.ca/aluminum/backlit/

It uses two seperate rechargeable Li-ion batteries.

One for the keyboard. One for the backlight.

The keyboard battery lasts up to 1 year on a single charge.

Initially, the keyboard takes approx. 5-6 hours to charge fully.

The backlight battery lasts up to 4 weeks, or so, depending how regularly the backlight gets used and on the brightness intensity settings.

The backlight battery takes approx. 3-4 hours to charge up.

I am fed up with having to keep changing my batteries on my wireless keyboard and trackpad. I am thinking about purchasing a mobee inductive charger, but from what I gather I will need two of these

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.