Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore new MacBook

I got a brand new MacBook Pro 2017. I used migration assistant to copy files from my old MacBook 2013. It ended up being a disaster. It created two logins And just generally didn’t work out the way I wanted it.

I ended up deleting one of the logins. But even on my main login a lot of the files and applications are outdated and I regret what I did.

Is there a way I can restore the new MacBook to exactly how it was five minutes before are used migration assistant. I would much rather just clean install any apps manually and only what will run well on the new system. Sorry for being so verbose. In simple terms is there way I can restore my new MacBook to how it was when I first opened it?

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 1:43 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Restore new MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.