Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to switch command and option keys in Apple Wireless Keyboard connected to iPad?

My language requires constant use of diacritic signs with specific letters (ąśźżłó etc.) To get those signs you need to press option+ the base letter for this sign (option+a will result in polish letter "ą").

To make my life easier I remap the "option" and "command" keys in all my Mac's since 2008. No problem there.

It is quite easy also when I use the on-screen keyboard of the iPad, as those signs are well integrated with basic letters and work really well.

Is this option available in iOS to be used when I connect the Apple Wireless Keyboard to my iPad?

I am thinking about buying a new 10,5 iPad Pro as it looks promising as a tool for client presentations and note taking on the go, but lack of key remap on Smart Keyboard or Apple Wireless Keyboard will make it to a glorified content consuming device - not a workhorse I want it to be at this (hefty) price point.

Do you know a tool / process that will allow the remapping of those two keys of external keyboards in iOS on iPad?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 5:21 AM

PoGOOD wrote:

Do you know a tool / process that will allow the remapping of those two keys of external keyboards in iOS on iPad?

No, it's not possible yet. As far as I know, even third party keyboard apps cannot add hardware keyboard mappings. To ask Apple to add this feature, use

http://www.apple.com/feedback

6 replies

Is there a way to switch command and option keys in Apple Wireless Keyboard connected to iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.