Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Virus

Hello!
I just discovered that my MacBook is infected by virus, so I wanted to ask you how should I proceed.

I installed the ClamXav and this is the screenshot of the notification.

Please let me know what should I do.

Best,

JelenaUser uploaded file

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 3:45 AM

12 replies

Mar 4, 2018 4:21 AM in response to jelena221

First you should always take a look at the documentation to see if the answers are there.

If you can't find it there, then best to always go to the ClamXAV Help Desk next.

Since those are identified in Red as System Infections, then to delete infected files, you can select them in the Infection List area of ClamXav's main window and then click on the File menu -> Infection List -> Delete File or by using the Delete button on the toolbar.

Mar 4, 2018 4:48 AM in response to jelena221

Hi 🙂

To give you peace of mind ......

If you have the time, may I suggest that you go to the Apple 'App' store and search for, then install, an App called EasyFind.

Then use the EasyFind software to search your computer for 'ClamXav' (no quote marks).

If the uninstall was completely successful, I'd expect there to be no files/folders found bearing that name. If you DO find any such items, please post a screenshot of what you see.

D.

MacBook Air Virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.