Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro warranty

I bought my MacBook Pro 5 months ago in China , can I repair it for free in Australia?

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:47 AM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2018 8:23 AM in response to qinyi95

qinyi95 wrote:

I bought my MacBook Pro 5 months ago in China , can I repair it for free in Australia?

It's a 1 year worldwide warranty, but there are caveats. I think the biggest issue would be the availability of parts since some notebook computers have specific parts for the market in which they're sold. However, I don't think there should be much different in a computer sold in China compared to what they would expect to service in Australia.

https://store.apple.com/Catalog/Images/worldwidewarranty.html

If the product is portable, meaning that it can operate independently without a power cord, you may obtain warranty service worldwide. However, service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested.

Also - I'd highly recommend taking it to an actual Apple Store should you have a problem. Their service is generally the best you're going to find and they don't charge for evaluations. If you bring on into an AASP they will likely require that you agree to pay for a fee that won't be returned if it's not considered a warranty repair.

macbook pro warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.