Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I store 'Documents' folder in icloud drive and not 'Desktop' folder?

Hi,

Im a freelance graphic designer and a design student so the use of iCloud Drive helps me out alot as i share files between my iMac & my Macbook and can access it anywhere which is awsome. However, there are other people who store their files on my iMac desktop and they are appearing on my Macbook desktop which is super annoying.

Is there a simple way I can only store the files from 'documents' on my iCloud drive and keep the desktop folders separate to each computer? would creating a new account on my iMac for guest users keep their files separate from my own?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 4:12 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 4, 2018 4:52 AM in response to TommBarry

You can store all documents on iCloud Drive, directly.

• Just create a folder named "My Documents" or similar on iCloud Drive and drag all documents you want to sync with iCloud to other devices to this folder on iCloud Drive.
  • Drag the items from your Desktop folder to a local folder on your Mac.

Then disable the syncing of Desktop and Documents in the System Preferences > iCloud.

If you have not done so, make iCloud Drive visible in the Finder Sidebar. You can do that in the Finder > Preferences > Sidebar.

How do I store 'Documents' folder in icloud drive and not 'Desktop' folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.