Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Photos & Gatekeeper

I've installed Silver Efex Pro 2 and use it as an extension within Apple Photos by right clicking on an image and then selecting 'Edit with ...' and choosing the application. When I open the application like this, I always get a dialogue windows "Silver Efect Pro 2.app" is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?", aka the Gatekeeper. You then have to click 'Open'. When I open the application directly from Applications, I don't get this popup.

How can I get rid of it?

High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102), Photos 3.0 (3251.12.190)

iMac

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:55 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2018 3:54 AM in response to Jan_BE

This seems to be a bug in Photos 3.0. I am seeing this too, when I am trying to open older applications with an expired certificate directly from Photos. Even the External Editors extension cannot open the NIK collection plug-ins any longer this way without creating the gatekeeper warning. Yu may want to send a bug report to Apple: Feedback - Photos - Apple

Apple Photos & Gatekeeper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.