Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Routing input/output issues

current setup:

RD2000 running its output to Universal Audio Apollo lines 5 & 6 and output from Apollo to Monitors 1 & 2. Working

From Apollo I have thunderbolt to Mac. Apollo Console working properly and Mac sees input from RD2000.

Problem is w/ Mainstage. Output from Mainstage to Apollo to Montors -> working

I cannot get input from my RD2000 in Mainstage. When I try to setup the Apollo in Mainstage audio devices as the input device, I see the list of all channels but cannot select lines 5&6 as thru (assume this is where I would get the input from keyboard)

Any help would be appreciated.

MainStage

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:27 PM

Ok. I think I understand the issue.

You want to control MainStage instruments with your Piano controller.

This means that you are only dealing with MIDI from the RD2000 to MainStage. Audio will be generated by the instruments inside your computer and you will hear the signal being fed to your interface (Apollo), and then your speakers.

So: You have to connect your RD2000 with a USB cable in order to use MIDI.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 2:27 PM in response to SJMP

Ok. I think I understand the issue.

You want to control MainStage instruments with your Piano controller.

This means that you are only dealing with MIDI from the RD2000 to MainStage. Audio will be generated by the instruments inside your computer and you will hear the signal being fed to your interface (Apollo), and then your speakers.

So: You have to connect your RD2000 with a USB cable in order to use MIDI.

Mar 4, 2018 1:24 PM in response to Cuauhtemoc

I want to be able to play the Mainstage effects from my RD2000. I guess that would be a MIDI controller right?

But it would be via the UAD Apollo8. I can hear the piano and montior it on the MAC using the UAD console no problem. But setting the UAD as Input and Output in Mainstage (Since Monitors are accessed via the UAD as well) I cannot get it to recognize any input from the RD2000. Tried setting it up as MIDI device All channels. Tried Mainstage In.Out as UAD (which it sees) but does not know where the RD2000 is coming from? If I try to specify Line5.6 in Mainstage (UAD thunderbolt, configure) all options are grayed out.

If I plug in the RD2000 via USB to Mac Mainstage has no problems. But then I cut out the Apollo interface.

Routing input/output issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.