Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac don't sync photos with iphone

Macbook Pro 13' 2017 touchbar on macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

Photos version 3.0 (3251.12.190)

iTunes 12.7.3.46

Iphone X 256GB on iOS 11.2.6

Iphone storage: 104,5 GB of 256 GB used

Photos are not syncing from iTunes to iPhone

I organize my photos on albums on my computer. So, every photo I take on iPhone, I send to iTunes, put in an album and them sync back to iPhone. This always worked fine, but from 6 months from now, the sync doesn't work properly. All names of albums are synced, but in some cases there are a lot of photos missing and in others, there is none photos synced in the album. I already reset all my Iphone by Apple's support line guideline, it worked in the 1st sync, but when I put a new album and tried again, all the mess started over again. I tried to change photos selection on iTunes, from sync all photos and albums to select only a few albums. Nothing worked.

On my iPhone Photo preferences, my iCloud Photo Library, My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing are turned off.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 4:48 AM

Similar questions

16 replies

Mar 4, 2018 5:14 AM in response to fernandosamarques

Have you already tried to remove the Photo Cache folder from your Photos Library?

See: About Photo Cache folders - Apple Support

Have you changed the system photo library? iTunes will only sync the photos from the library, that is enabled as the System Photo Library in Photos > Preferences > General. "Use as System Photo Library" needs to be grayed out.

Where is your Photos Library stored? On your Mac or on an external drive?

Mar 4, 2018 7:13 AM in response to fernandosamarques

I did not tried to remove Photo Cache. If I delete "iPod Photo Cache", will I loose any photo from mac?

No, you will only remove the scaled down versions of the photos, that Photos is keeping for syncing.

When you sync photos using iTunes, only smaller, downsized copies are uploaded to your iPhone or other mobile devices. Photos is creating a cache and keeps this smaller versions, so the next sync will be faster, if you sync the same photos and videos again. This cache can be very large. If you delete it, the next sync may take much longer. Sometimes this cache becomes unreadable, and then Photos cannot sync properly. In that case it can help to delete the cache, so iTunes can recreate it.

Mar 5, 2018 3:50 AM in response to fernandosamarques

They are not smart albums. I did not understand what do you mean with “in the name on your iPhone”.

Sorry for not being clear. In your screenshot are some albums showing with "from my Mac" below the empty thumbnail. Try, if you can delete the empty albums that are showing as "from my Mac" and have been synced by you, not albums, that the iPhone creates automatically.

mac don't sync photos with iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.