Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple Music App Crashes On Startup

This just started happening without any instigation that I’m aware of.

I was using my iPad in the car to play music. No problem. Love it!

I came home and brought my iPad inside the house and when I opened the App, it crashed. It keeps crashing now every time I try to open it.

When I press my Home button twice, I can see that the App is actually open (see pic). I’ve swiped the App in order to close it. That works, it disappears. Then when I reopen the App, same thing . . . It crashes.

When I open the App from within the list of Apps that are already open, it crashes as well.

If I press “play” (as shown in the uploaded image), nothing happens.

Once this problem was discovered, I tried updating my iPad software, hoping that would fix it but, no. So, I have the current software update 11.2.6.

All suggestions aimed at fixing this problem are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

User uploaded file

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on

Mar 5, 2018 11:20 AM in response to P Willis In response to P Willis

Hey P Willis!

I understand you're having some trouble launching the Music app, and I'd be more than happy to help you with that. Before we get started, I just wanted to thank you for providing great details about the situation. It really helps with preliminary isolation, and ensures I don't recommend repeat steps.

To get things started, go ahead and simply restart the iPad for me. If there's no change when you reboot it, check out this article and follow the steps it outlines: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

You mentioned that this whole issue started when you tried using the iPad in the house, so I'm curious if the Music app is still crashing on launch while you're in the car. If you haven't yet, would you mind testing it in the car like you used it before? Let me know what happens, because the result of that test will determine what steps we take next.

Cheers!

Mar 5, 2018 11:20 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 6, 2018 12:56 AM in response to 7achance In response to 7achance

Hi 7achance!

Thanks very much much for your reply and assistance.

i think I know where you’re headed with this. My App is suspended in another world? Hehehe.

Here‘s the problem though; I drive for a living and it just so happens that I don’t have that car right now (and probably won’t for awhile). I just exchanged it on Saturday for a different vehicle. 😩

Another small detail: I was using the App in the car right before I brought it into the house and discovered the problem shortly thereafter.

If it matters at all, the vehicle was a 2016 Cadillac using the “CUE“ Bluetooth system.

That said, the vechile I’m using now is a Suburban and I think it employs the same CUE system so I’ll give it a shot

today and see what happens.

As per your suggestion of powering off the iPad, I did that twice (once when I updated the OS). It didn’t help. 😩

Mar 6, 2018 12:56 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: P Willis

Question: Apple Music App Crashes On Startup