Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where are previous OS X Contacts stored

Where are previous OS X Contacts data stored within current OS X update?

Curent configuration:

iMac 27", Mid 2011

Processor 2.7Ghz Intel Core i5

Memory 4Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 Mb

Recently discovered updating my iMac OS X to latest versions has excluded/failed to include the transfer of all Contacts data.....

Need to identify / locate where previous Contacts data is stored within OS X....in the hope I can restore the historic data to the latest Contacts version

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), loss of Contacts data in update

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 4:50 AM

3 replies

Mar 4, 2018 2:09 PM in response to ejentoft

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "previous Contacts data".

Contacts are stored in ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/. However... they are stored as a compressed database along with a rather large delta or change database. In other words there will be no single file that you can examine to find a "previous" version. You're not going to be able to find historic data unless you use Time Machine... and in which case you should restore the entire enclosing folder.

Contacts stored in iCloud are a different matter. Backups are created automatically, so if that's where you store them recovery options exist.

where are previous OS X Contacts stored

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.