Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Things aren't deleting from my iPhone 5c

I've got pretty terrible storage issues, so often find myself deleting apps and pictures etc. However, after uninstalling 7 apps from my iPhone, they're still showing up as taking up storage space, and if my phone is turned off then on again, they appear back on my screen - except without the app icon and instead with a white box. I've tried deleting these in every way I can think Of, but the problem is persistent.

Alongside this, my photos app will often crash as I try to delete images from it, which means that I can't free up the storage I need for my work.

Any advice on how to stop these? Is it going to be a case of needing to factory reset my phone?? I know I'm on an outdated IOS (10.3.3) but no further iOS updates are available to my phone, and friends with the same iOS and iPhone model don't have the same problem, so I mean sure it's not down to that.

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 5:57 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 2:32 PM in response to Tinkgaskarth

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Tinkgaskarth,

I see that you're having an issue with the storage on your iPhone. I know that it's imporant to have plenty of storage space on your device, and I'd be happy to help.

I understand you're using the latest version of software that your iPhone is capable of updating to, so let's have you take a look at this article for some help with your storage space. If you have a computer available with the latest version of iTunes, you can connect your iPhone to the computer and see if you're seeing the same amount of available space when connecting to iTunes as you do on the iPhone itself.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
If you connect the iPhone to iTunes and you're seeing a different amount of available storage than what is showing on the iPhone, then you'll want to restore your iPhone. Make sure that you create a backup first before restoring the phone.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings​
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Things aren't deleting from my iPhone 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.