Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entering Multicam clip always shows beginning

Hey folks,

i am just editing a multicam clip in fcpx and every time i enter the multicam clip it shows me the beginning of the whole multicam timeline and not the position of my cursor. This is very frustrating because i edit a 3h long concert and always have too zoom first out and then in to get to my playhead position.

Does anybody have an idea how to avoid this?

Thank you

Daniel

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 8:17 AM

Are you holding Cmd-minus? Mine zooms out much faster, but maybe it’s just the length. What happens I think depends on the state the multicam clip was left it. If it’s zoomed in it goes to the head. If you’re zoomed further out the playhead appears in the timeline panel. The other way to do this is to quickly tap the spacebar twice. It moves the playhead slightly but it centers the panel on the playhead.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 8:17 AM in response to PlatonStudio

Are you holding Cmd-minus? Mine zooms out much faster, but maybe it’s just the length. What happens I think depends on the state the multicam clip was left it. If it’s zoomed in it goes to the head. If you’re zoomed further out the playhead appears in the timeline panel. The other way to do this is to quickly tap the spacebar twice. It moves the playhead slightly but it centers the panel on the playhead.

Entering Multicam clip always shows beginning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.