Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which MacBook Pro is the best for editing pictures in Lightroom 6?

Hello,

My problem is that I've just bought the new mac pro, becuase my old mac pro was too slow in Lightroom 6. But the problem stayed with new mac. New mac has stronger processor and more storage. Technical specifications: 13'' Retina, TB Core i5 3.1GHz/8GB/512GB SSD/ Iris Plus 650. I'm using macOS High Sierra. What I need to take into account at first? Please recommend the best mac pro (which specifications) I need for this kind of jobs?

Thank You in advance!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 10:22 AM

I have the same problem. In January I purchased a top spec iMac (4.2 GHz Quad‑Core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 4,5 GHz), 40GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB video card). Apart from the appalling noise the fan makes, my Lightroom Classic CC is performing no better than my outgoing 6-year old PC. Lightroom is so laggy - especially with the adjustment brush - to be unusable. I believe the problem lies with Lightroom and even a Mac Pro would not help as Lightroom cannot take advantage of the higher spec. Frustrating is not the word.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2018 10:22 AM in response to Codykass

I have the same problem. In January I purchased a top spec iMac (4.2 GHz Quad‑Core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 4,5 GHz), 40GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB video card). Apart from the appalling noise the fan makes, my Lightroom Classic CC is performing no better than my outgoing 6-year old PC. Lightroom is so laggy - especially with the adjustment brush - to be unusable. I believe the problem lies with Lightroom and even a Mac Pro would not help as Lightroom cannot take advantage of the higher spec. Frustrating is not the word.

Which MacBook Pro is the best for editing pictures in Lightroom 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.