Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I approve my new phone?

Hello, I have a new iPhone X and cannot complete the set up until I approve the device. How do I complete this using a different device? Thank you

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 5:35 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 1:44 PM in response to JMeans1

Hi JMeans1,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you are trying to set up your new iPhone, but it is asking to approve the device. If it is asking to approve the device, iCloud Keychain requires you to approve the device. You are able to approve the device without another device. I would recommend you read this article, it explains how to set up the iPhone with iCloud Keychain.

How do I set up iCloud Keychain on a new device without another device to approve from?

If you can't access any of your other devices that are using iCloud Keychain, you can still set up iCloud Keychain on another device if you have these items:

• Your iCloud Security Code
  • The device that is using the SMS-capable phone number you provided when you first set up iCloud Keychain. A verification code is sent via SMS to this phone number. If you can't access this number, contact Apple Support, who can verify your identity, so that you can complete setup on your new device.

After you complete the setup, your iCloud Keychain will be pushed from the cloud to the new device.

If you use two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, enter your password and the six-digit verification code that's automatically displayed on your trusted devices and authorize the new device. Then turn on iCloud Keychain.

Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain

Cheers.

How do I approve my new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.