Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Windows on iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)

I'm trying to install Windows on iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011), but when installing Windows does not work sound.

Subtracted that the sound does not work because of what I install with the help of EFI. Made a bootable flash drive for the BIOS, via Rufus, but the standard Mac manager does not see it! A manager Clover, when choosing a flash drive goes black screen. (The rEFInd manager simply does not want to boot when loading!)

In general, how to install Windows for BIOS if the standard manager does not see it. And if you do the installation through Boot Camp, then when the reboot goes the inscription "No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key"!

p.s. sorry for my English

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 5:52 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Mar 4, 2018 6:08 AM in response to euppi98

Your 2011 iMac does not support EFI Boot properly. You need to use the built-in Optical drive and install W7/W8.1 using standard BIOS mode.

There is no official support for W10 on your Mac. However, you can upgrade W7/W8.1 to W10, using an in-place upgrade, which allows the W7/W8.1 drivers to continue to work under W10. Be aware that such W10 installations are not easy to repair, if you run into any issues.

Mar 4, 2018 1:47 PM in response to euppi98

euppi98 wrote:

I installed Windows 10 - the sound even works without drivers!

In Windows Device Manager, what are the available Audio devices?

euppi98 wrote:

But how now to install Windows on the GPT partition?

On a 2011 Mac, you cannot install using GPT/EFI and have your hardware work correctly. GPT/EFI is fully supported on late 2013 and later Macs.

Installing Windows on iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.