Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help With Audio, Its Urgent!

Hi there.

Basically I recorded a vocalist the other day but in the process they were wearing headphones so that they could stay in time, the headphones were too loud and therefore picked up on the microphone, what methods could I take in logic to get rid of most part of the overspill but to keep a nice strong vocal.

Logic Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 6:54 AM

6 replies

Mar 4, 2018 7:01 PM in response to kerochan

Hello kerochan, I attempted this but it sadly didn't help. I can hear the piano and the guitar behind the vocal, I just didn't know if there was anyway of separating the tracks and making the vocal a lot distinctive even if you can quietly hear the instruments in the back. If not is there a tool or effect I can use to offer the same outcome?

Apr 16, 2018 6:57 PM in response to JJ231099

Izotope has a de-bleed plugin as well as a dialog isolate plugin. I'd think the de-bleed would be just what you need. Also, if you have the offending music track, you can invert the phase and try to match the amplitude and that should cancel out the music in the mix and leave only the vocals. Hopefully one of those will work reasonable enough for you, perhaps in conjunction with some of the other things already mentioned.

Help With Audio, Its Urgent!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.