Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will this adaptor allow me to connect my Apple Thunderbolt 2 display to a Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Will all ports on the back of the TB 2 display be fully functional?

I have to start using a Dell Windows PC to VPN into the office. I wish to use my Apple TB 2 display to connect to the PC via a Thunderbolt 3 port on the PC. Is this even possible? Will the TB 2 display function? Will the TB 2 display rear ports also function? Apple support will not commit to me either way - they're putting the burden on Dell - Dell support says yes, but their support personnel are sales, not tech. Also, would I need the Apple TB3 to TB2 dongle to make the work? Any reply with real world experience would be most appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:31 AM

There are no replies.

Will this adaptor allow me to connect my Apple Thunderbolt 2 display to a Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Will all ports on the back of the TB 2 display be fully functional?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.